In this episode, I chat about my latest favorite restaurant, chef, food news around the globe, food trends, 5 books to check out, 1 show to watch, 1 new blogger, Instagrammer and YouTuber to follow!
LOVE CHEF BILLY PARISI AND WANT MORE AMAZING RECIPES?
-SUBSCRIBE NOW AT: http://bit.ly/2zql9ha
Christmas and in addition winter Holidays such as Hanukkah and Kwanzaa so food, family and faith are a huge focus this month.
It’s stressful but remember these few tips:
• Have some fun and get out of the same old food and recipe habits. Try a Ribeye Roast, Tenderloin, Heck do pasta!
• Prep up ahead of time – start a few days early. If you can cut up veggies ahead of time, DO IT! If you can par cook something like vegetables, DO IT!
• Consider Other Methods of Cooking to free up precious oven space – grilling, smoking or slow cooking
• Don’t Miss It – find time to laugh and smile, to serve, show love and grace
Current Favorite Chef
• Sean Brock – Been around for a minute as the former creator and advisor to Husk restaurants, and after watching his Chef’s table, it may me like him even more. His humble beginnings with food to the empire he’s created to date. Just seems like an awesome dude and his food has always been amazing. His latest project is his new restaurant going live in 2020 in Nashville named Audrey and still focusing on Southern Food and hospitality. See more about him at — http://bit.ly/2P639Pu
My Favorite Restaurant of the Past Month
Himshikar in Sauganash, Chicago – Himalayan and Indian food – simply classic dishes, the chicken Mikhani and garlic naan! DUDE!! Check it out at — http://bit.ly/2RD824s
• Plant Based Diets becoming incredibly popular, something like 10 new vegan restaurants on the market. I don’t have too many thoughts on if you like it you like it, please do it because there are some incredibly healthy benefits. It’s not my style of cooking per say or how I was trained as a chef, but I think it is an amazing diet and I’ve only seen positives coming from it. Learn more at — http://bit.ly/2RCERhL
• Chef Gary Rhodes, an acclaimed Chef from Britain suddenly passed away at age 59. He was a restaurant pioneer in British cuisine and was on shows Hell’s Kitchen, Master Chef and Rhodes around Britain. Rest in peace chef and I’m sending love and prayers to your family! Read more at — https://bbc.in/38rBCzA
5 Books to Check Out
• Culinary Artistry – by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page – aff
• French Laundry – Chef Thomas Keller – aff link
• The Maker’s Diet – Jordan Rubin – aff link
• Flour Water Salt Yeast – Ken Forkish – aff link
• The Common Grille – Craig Common in Chelsea Michigan – aff
1 Show to Watch
• Cooked – by Michael Pollan and he evaluates the 4 elements, earth, water, fire, air as it pertains to food. Watch it now at — http://bit.ly/2t5L1Nl
1 New Blogger to Follow:
• Jennifer Farley from SavorySimple.net. Culinary school grad, restaurant experience. Simple approachable everyday food with a small touch of elegance. Beautiful photography and just a nice cooks cook blog if you know what I mean. Check out her site at — https://www.savorysimple.net/
1 Youtube Channel to Follow
• Sauce Stache – Mark Thompson, Subscribe to his channel at — http://bit.ly/36q7nrf
1 Instagrammer to Follow
• Yorkshire Gourmet – Paul Robinson, from west Yorkshire in the UK, outdoorsy food. Follow him at — http://bit.ly/2E0t3y1
Leave a Reply